Introducing Southwest Healthcare —
A New Network of Care for Southern California
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is proud to be a part of the new Southwest Healthcare, a comprehensive network of care with convenient hospital and ambulatory locations here to serve you and your loved ones.
Southwest Healthcare is comprised of five acute care hospitals — Palmdale Regional Medical Center, Corona Regional Medical Center, Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital, Southwest Healthcare Inland Valley Hospital, and Temecula Valley Hospital — and several non-hospital access points, including:
- Temecula Valley Day Surgery*, a multi-specialty ambulatory surgical center
- A+ Urgent Care Centers** in Murrieta, Lake Elsinore and Menifee Lakes
- Riverside Medical Clinic**, which provides comprehensive, multi-specialty medical services for individuals, business and industry in the greater Riverside region
*Temecula Valley Day Surgery is majority owned by an affiliate.
**Physician owned independent group, managed by an affiliate.
With more than 7,000 passionate care providers across the region, all dedicated to the highest standards, our shared goal is to provide convenient access to a wide range of healthcare services in a way that benefits you, your family and the entire community.
Learn more about Southwest Healthcare →
About Palmdale Regional Medical Center
The Antelope Valley includes Lancaster, Palmdale and outlying desert communities, with a total population of approximately 517,000 people. The Antelope Valley is a diverse and highly educated community, with more than 50 percent of its residents having at least some college education.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center® serves the region by providing high quality medical services to residents of the Antelope Valley, Santa Clarita Valley and surrounding communities. With the recent addition of the Rehabilitation Institute, the hospital features 184 licensed acute care beds as well as inpatient and outpatient surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, cardiac services featuring a STEMI Receiving Center (heart attack) and a 35-bed 24-hour emergency department.
The Center for Wound Care provides treatment for people with chronic non-healing wounds. This comprehensive wound-healing service includes hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is active in the community and regularly participates with the Antelope Valley Board of Trade, Greater Antelope Valley Economic Alliance, Chambers of Commerce and other civic and governmental groups. Palmdale Regional Medical Center believes in "Community Service Excellence" and supports nonprofit agencies such as the American Cancer Society, United Way, the Antelope Valley Boys and Girls Club and performing arts organizations.
You'll see what a difference service makes at Palmdale Regional Medical Center.
Physicians and Staff Committed to Service Excellence
More than 450 physicians are on the medical staff at Palmdale Regional Medical Center. The nursing staff draws on years of clinical experience to provide quality care, and is associated with several area nursing programs. Hear what makes working at Palmdale Regional so special from one of our nurses:
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is committed to providing superior quality healthcare for patients. We are compassionate and responsive to the needs of those in our care. Through our relentless focus on quality, we are working to change lives and transform the delivery of healthcare. It is imperative that all individuals in our served communities have access to the care they need, regardless of age, race, gender or socioeconomic status.
Learn more about our commitment to health equity →
Facts and Figures
- 184 licensed beds; 234 beds at complete build-out
- More than 1,000 employees, including nearly 400 RNs and other nursing staff
- Active medical staff of more than 450
- Centers of emphasis include: The Birth Place (obstetrics and maternity unit), Emergency Medicine, Surgery (including Robotics), Oncology, Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services, Neurosciences (Advanced Primary Stroke Center), Orthopedics, Bariatrics, Cardiology (STEMI Receiving Center) and The Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is committed to providing high quality healthcare in a compassionate and efficient manner.
In partnership with the medical staff and community, Palmdale Regional Medical Center will be recognized as the leading provider of innovative healthcare in the region
P — Progressive
R — Respectful
M — Mentoring
C — Compassionate
- Nana Deeb, Chief Executive Officer
- Marc Nakagawa, Chief Financial Officer
- Ryan Moon, Chief Operating Officer
- Catherine "Casey" Barbiera, Chief Nursing Officer
- Benjamin Gocke, Director, Business Development
- Syed Ahmed, MD, Chief of Staff
- Jonathan Truong, MD, Vice Chief of Staff
- Sanjaya Khanal, MD, Past Chief of Staff
- Ranjiv Choudhary, MD, Treasurer
Board of Governors
- Rick Norris, Chairman
- Dennis Shaffer, Vice Chair
- Brad Neet, Regional Vice President
- Syed Ahmed, MD, Chief of Staff
- Pradeep Damle, MD, Med Staff Member
- John Yadegar, MD, Chief of Surgery
- Jack Seefus, Secretary
- Donna Gaddis, Member
- James Purtee, Member
- Pam Griffin, Member
- David Smith, Member
City of Palmdale
Learn more about the city of Palmdale and the Antelope Valley in this video: